Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Horror Stories
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:03:50 EST

My only Leica horror story is that in 1986 I sold a black enamel Leica M4 and
a 35mm Summicron (with a funky edge separation in the front element) to Jim
Kuehl for $750 to finance a used Nikon F3 and motor. I was a young, dumb
newspaper photographer at the time and the Nikon seemed more needful. How was
I supposed to know that 13 years later when I got back into Leicas that old
black paint M4 would be worth $3,500 and the F3 & motor would still be worth
$750 (barely)? That painted Leica would have financed a large portion of my
entire current Leica system. Oh the horrors . . .

Bob (don't ask me about guitars I've sold) McEowen