Subject: RE: [Leica] OT Enlarging problem
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:19:40 -0000

Richard,
I had a similar problem with a previous enlarger. The alignment of the
baseboard and the neg stage was out of parrallel. I was advised to get a
long staright edge, place that on the neg carrier (somehow) and ensure that
the edge to baseboard distances were then eaualised both sides.
I took a different route and ended up buying my V35 instead!
The other effect which I had which might throw some light on the problem
(sic) was bounced light off the paper easel gripping edge, this had a 45
degree chamfer which reflected light onto the edges of the picture thereby
muddying the last 1/2" or so of the photo. Not smearing but it happened in a
definite strip. Not usually a problem unless you print the black rebate
which throws white light.

Jem