Subject: [Leica] Re: [Ebay -- fact or fiction!
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:14:15 -0800

Bob,

>>But, as always, there are still bargains to be had. They just don't fall
off trees and hit you on
the head. You have to work at it a little bit. But in both cases, I'd just
assume that you and everyone else stayed away (nothing personal, mind you)
<<

You're right. The bargains I found were things that had flaws. I bought a
28/2.8 Elmarit R. The seller said it had a slight mark on the glass. I
didn't care. Few people bid so I got it for a great price. I cleaned the
lens. Lo and behold the mark dissapeared.

Also, ebay is a great place for odds and ends such as shades and filters.
The real reason I stay away is that when I look for bargains other items
catch my eye. I already have a long wish list. I don't need to add to it.

David