Subject: RE: [Leica] Loading LTM
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:06:51 -0500

Douglas Cooper wrote:

I've heard mention of some "trick" whereby you don't have to cut the
leader when loading a thread mount Leica, and I was wondering if it might
work as well with my Canon IVSB.  Anyone familiar with this?

- ---

Douglas,

I load my IIIa without cutting the leader (on Kodak loaded Tri-X, TMAX100,
and Kodachrome 64) by sticking the leader into the takeup spool as depp as
it will go, opening the shutter on T, removing the lens, putting the spool
and film in, and using my finger through the lens opening to straighten  the
film in the camera. Start winding and after a quick check to make sure film
holes are on the right sprokets, close up.

Jonathan Lee