Subject: [Leica] Leica vs. Contax wars: Hexar winder noise
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 07:45:47 -0500

 John Collier asked

I have not had the chance to try or listen to the Konica RF yet. Alas it
will not get to Edmonton for some months yet. I do run my Ms motorised when
necessary and do not mind the noise that much as it is all very low
frequency stuff. Is the motor in the Hexar whizzy (high frequency) or wuzzy
(low frequency).

I have just got one. It is a mid frequency noise not terribly noisy but not
what I would call quiet. Certainly much  noisier than the M6, it draws more
attenton. I shot at a concert on Sunday using a Noctilux, I do not have the
results yet but people round me heard it, not  a problem I have had with
the M6.
On balance though I would say it is beautifully made and got every  feature
I would want on it and some I do not need. Excellent value for money. I am
bemused that TTL flash was not included but I rarely use flash and I have a
 G2 for that anyway:)
cheers Frank