Subject: Re: [Leica] A deadman recloaks
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:32:08 +0000

on 29/2/00 5:28 pm, RP Johnson at rpjohnson2@home.com wrote:

> Yeah!!!!  I always wanted people to call me "Snake", but it just never
> worked out.
>
> rp johnson
>
> ps.  I'm impressed by the 75mm Color Heliar shots.  Couple of reasons:
> First, there appears to be actual sunshine in London.  Boy, is that weird?
> Second, the shots have more dof than I would have expected.  Were you
> shooting wide open or not?   Believe it or not, reasons 1 and 2 ARE related.

Hi Snake

Some of the shots were at f4, and one (no 15 I think) was at 5.6. The rest
were at 2.5. I can't shoot in this style at anything less than 1/250 and get
sharp images, hence the big apertures. I have to change my style radically
once the shutter gets down to 1/60... I become static, my subjects become
static, and any movement comes from non-subjects whirling through frame.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk