Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Contax wars
From: "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:44:36 -0800

Just try to use a "G" camera in manual mode and you will quickly conclude
that it is probably an afterthought.  Even the distance is in meters, not
feet which is OK if you are comfortable with the conversion.

I have the 28mm "G" lens and it is very good but it is not, in my opinion,
in the same class as my 35/F2 Aspheric or 24mm/2.8 Aspheric.  I have never
used a Leitz 28mm-M so I can't comment on a direct comparison.

The "G" without autofocus would certainly, IMHO, lessen the appeal of the G
camera.

Bob