Subject: Re: [Leica] Forgive me for I (sometimes) flash
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:00:23 +0000

on 28/2/00 5:32 pm, Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com at
Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com wrote:

> I use a Vivitar 285 with my M6 on a Stroboframe "flip" bracket. The Vivitar
> flash has an accessory that allows the flash to be mounted on the bracket &
> the sensor to be plugged into the hot shoe for "close" to TTL flash
> metering. If I use my 21, I use a regular sync cord plugged into the outlet
> on the M6 & fit an omni-bounce attachment to the 285 flash head (obviously
> with the sensor plugged back into the flash unit!). It comes real close to
> covering the 21 in a very limited (maybe up to 10 -15 feet) distance. BTW,
> flash on a bracket is the only time I use the M-Grip, since it centers the
> tripod mount. I have a bogen quick release fitted to the bottom of the
> M-Grip for quick on & off the bracket.
>
> Greg

Basically, me too. I sometimes use a 2600 or 2800 in the hotshoe but mostly
it's a 283 off camera or on a bracket with an omnibounce or a white card.

I add a Quantum battery 1 which pumps up the recycle to the point where it's
faster than I can actually shoot, and will do me 30 rolls without a top up.

- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
        music:    http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk