Subject: Re: [Leica] Strap Length
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:52:32 -0500 (EST)

This may seem trivial, but I'm interested in what kind of strap length
Leica users generally prefer.  The Magnum photographers all seem to wear
their cameras just above the belt, and this strikes me as ergonomically
peculiar.  I keep the strap as short as possible, so the that the camera
doesn't swing about when I'm running, and the distance from chest to eye
is minimal.  (It sits on my solar plexus, approximately.)

Rollei TLRs are similar:  I've never understood why anyone would want the
camera hanging at waist level, when you have to lift it to your face to
focus.

Douglas Cooper