Subject: Re: [Leica] Film Winding Again, (was BASic question)
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 09:58:27 +0000

on 26/2/00 4:00 pm, Mike Durling at durling@widomaker.com wrote:

> I've been trying to figure out why it doesn't come loose when the bottom is
> on but will when the bottom is off.  It almost seems like the theory that
> the alligator won't bother you if you don't keep staring at it!

The little wheel keeps the film leader in place. What other folks have said
about this is true: drop the film in, and stop worrying. I've never had a
problem since I did this, and my M4-P has had several hundred rolls through
it since August.
- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com