Subject: Re: [Leica] Bangkok photographers
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:26:29 +0000

Ian Stanley wrote:

> Hello Harrison,
>
>          No problem at all - what surprised me was actually how easy it was
> to find him in a city this size.  I am haven't chatted with him in a while
> but plan to get in touch one of these days.
>
>          Since then I have met quite a few interesting photo types around
> town - a lot of talent!!  The other day one fellow I met had a collection
> of four (count them four!!) titanium M6's, some other M bodies and a
> collection of 20 or so lenses to go with them.  There are lots of Leica
> fans around although it is very seldom that you see any out on the streets.
>
> Ian Stanley
>
> Bangkok, Thailand
>
> At 09:21 PM 24/02/2000 -0600, Harrison wrote in part:
>
> >BTW thanks for looking Setta up for me.  We have been exchanging emails
> >since you met with him.  I appreciate you looking him up.  He was one of my
> >best friends from college and I was glad to hear he has, to date, weathered
> >the hard times there and still has his studio open.
> >--
> >Harrison McClary
> >http://www.mcclary.net

In all my trips to Thailand I have never seen a Thai using a Leica, I have
seen one Japanese using an M Leica.  There is a store in the Mahaboonkrong
shopping center which deals in second hand Leicas, collectibles and Nikons. He
sold off most of his better stuff when the Bhat dropped, still an interesting
store and interesting guy, I just looked for his card but I can't find it.  I
have taken my R Leicas to Thailand before, and the elephant photos on my web
page were taken with them.  I think Thailand is a fascinating place and a
photographer's dream. BTW The king of Thailand is or was a leica user and an
avid photographer.
John
http://sites.netscape.net/bosjohnusa/homepage