Subject: [Leica] John John Picture
From: "steve lehuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:24:42 -0500

This morning I had the incredible pleasure of meeting Stan Stearns who was
the photographer who in 1963 took the picture of little John John saluting
JFK as his casket rolled by. He took the picture with a Nikon F and he was
working for UPI at the time. I met him by chance in downtown Annapolis while
I was running some errands he commented on the Leica that I was carrying and
in the course of our two hour long conversation it came out that he was the
John John photographer. I have known his name for a long time here in
Annapolis as a commercial photographer but I never knew that he had taken
that picture. By the way, it also came out that he is suffering severe
mental depression and his photography business is going down the drain and
he is worried about his future.
Steve
Annapolis