Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 and old M:s
From: "steve lehuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:22:20 -0500

- ----------
>From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
>To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
>Subject: [Leica] M3 and old M:s
>Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2000, 7:49 AM

snip
> M2:s are cheaper, but they have the same repairing worries. My 1966 sample
> is presently only used as a "M1" for the SA21 or Skopar 25, because it
> needs a new rangefinder, and I am looking for a cheap battered (maybe
> defect) M2 with a clean finder. Maybe I will find one for USD 2-400 or so,
> and I will try to change it myself in order to save some money. OTH I have
> spent some money on special camera tools, so the cash flow from my bank
> account never seems to stop.
>
> Hans

Hans,
I really enjoy your regular comments on M's particularly the M2 as that is
my Leica of choice. I have a question that maybe you know the answer to. Are
new rangefinder parts for the M2/M3 no longer available from Leica. The
reason I ask is more than a year ago the rangefinder on my black M2 was
totally shot and the Leica repair place that i took it to told me they would
have to put an M6 rangefinder (expensive) in it. I am happy with the result
as I like to use a 28mm and thinking about getting a 75mm.
Steve
Annapolis