Subject: [Leica] Re:Nikon S3 millenium
From: christian becker <8fps@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:29:24 +0100 (MET)

>I the "Millennium" will have a Copal vertical shutter with synch at 1/250;
>TTL metering. and compatibility with the SB28 flash, then I will have a
>IIIF, M2, M3, M6 and 5 lenses for sale.

>Joseph Codispoti

Photographic 'needs' over brand loyality - any time. May get one IF they
will apply modern production methods. Always prefer the precision of robots
over hand-assembling (and Nikon over Leica for B/W). But if they only reuse
the old tools it will just be an instant collectible like the F5 anniversary.

Stephen wrote the Hexar is NOT a clear knockout of the M. We'll see
whether an S5 will be. No doubts the japanese are testing the RF market. With all
the money/technology in the background they may well challenge the M which
will have to improve when the niche turns to mainstream. It is very
surprising that different brands like Konica, Nikon and maybe Minolta and Pentax are
launching RF at almost the same time.

- --
click before it is too late

Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net