Subject: [Leica] Nikon S3 millenium
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:30:27 EST

This is the camera that my source had said was an "S5" a few weeks ago.

What many may be missing about the camera is that it really isn't a "play"
into the rangefinder market so much as a "collector's" camera.

They are only going to make 2000 of them and I hear the price will be about
$3500-$3800 for the body and 50mm lens. Also, only three lenses are going
into production and the camera is a virtual "clone" of the original S3.

I would doubt that Nikon starts to re-introduce a whole lot of rangefinder
gear unless the public is really crawling the walls for it...

Just my opinion. ;->

Rich