Subject: [Leica] Decisive Moment at the Speed of Sound
From: Michael Bell <mbell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:42:04 -0600

Anyone seen the photo or related stories of the guy who photographed
the jet fighter plane as it broke the sound barrier?  I think the
photographer's name is John Gay.  He's a military staff photographer.
He won some sort of award for the picture.  I thought it was quite a
shot.  You see the plane emerging out of an egg shaped cloud created
by breaking the sound barrier.

He used one of those N cameras, but at least it was in manual mode.

Seems like a heluva decisive moment.  I have a hard enough time
shooting children running around much less something moving at over
700 mile per hour.

- --
Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu