Subject: Going OT - Re: [Leica] Wildlife and Guns
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:27:17 -0500

Sorry, folks, but in view of the ongoing discussions about
encounters of the wildlife kind, I couldn't resist passing this one on
:-)

Roy
- --------------------------

In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly
bear encounters, the Montana Department of
Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters,
and fishermen to take extra precautions and
keep alert for bears while in the field.

"We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy little
bells on their clothing so as not to startle bears
that aren't expecting them.  We also advise
outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them
in case of an encounter with a bear.

"It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh
signs of bear activity.  Outdoorsmen should
recognize the difference between black bear
and grizzly bear dung.  Black bear dung is
smaller and contains lots of berries and
squirrel fur.  Grizzly bear dung has little bells
in it and smells like pepper."