Subject: comment on:[Leica] Heliar 15 comments/ film spacing
From: Evilboy <BernardDelgado@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:58:01 -0800 (PST)

                                                        One thing

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:56:39 -0400
                                                        From: kabob@tiac.net
(Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
                                                        Subject: [Leica]
Heliar 15 comments/ film spacing

                                                        One thing I've
noticed about shooting with the 15 Heliar on my Tower/Nicca
                                                        5L... looking at the
contact sheets it's apparent that the coverage is so
                                                        great that there is
very little space between frame edges on the
                                                        negatives... the 15
actually produces more image sapce on the film, so
                                                        instead of, say, an
1/8th of an inch between frames, one is left with only
                                                        1/16th of an inch
(approximate guestimate). At first I thought my newly
                                                        CLA'd Nicca had to
                                                        but I looked closer
and saw that the spacing was'normal' where I'd used a
                                                        50 or 35 lens.
                                                        Makes cutting the
negatives abit of a challenge. I haven't run film through
                                                        an M6 or M2 with the
Helair, anybody else notice this?

                                                        Bob (my God! The
Helair is taking up ALL the room on the FILM!!) Keene
I've had this spacing problem w/ the russian 20/5,6 as well. At first I
thought it was the body til I checked negatives shot w/ other lenses.
It makes it very hard to cut your negatives into strips.
- -Bern

"Time is the Fire we Burn in"

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com