Subject: [Leica] M4-P black chrome finish problems
From: "Mike Gil" <pasuno@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:04:31 PST

I've been following the tread conversation concerning bubbles in the finish
of cameras.  I have a M4-P that I have worn down the finish to a shinny zinc
thru out most of the top plate.  I'm concerned that the zinc might
desintegrate or turn green which it has not.  Some of the things I've like
to know are:

1  Will the zinc turn green or desintegrate on my camera and what can
I do about it,

2  Can I have it refinished or painted black?  Has someone out there
had this done and how much did it cost,

3  If I would attempt to paint it black, how could I do this? What materials
should I use, how do I remove the top plate and dials?  Has anyone done
this, any picture to show the results.

Thanks for any advice the lug has to offer.  I really like my camera and do
not wish to get rid.

mg