Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The M3 Rules
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:07:05 -0500

I've come to the same conclusion Godfrey.  I've been using an M3 with my M6
Ti for the last 2 months, and I really like it's finder (for the 90mm) and
smoothness.  But I've now come to the same end-point.  I think I'd rather
have an M6HM with the meter than worrying about hand metering.  I also
detest the M3's loading compared to the M6.  I can put up with it for my
IIIf, but not as a mate to the M6.  That's only my opinion, I don't want to
start a war on film loading preferences.  Yea, yea, I know you can buy
extra spools or the quickload kits, but I'm lazy.

My choice now is do I have to spring for a M6 HM Classic, or do I get a M6
TTL HM.  I really don't change the SS much when shooting.  I alter the
aperture about 90% of the time, so I'm thinking I don't have to pay the
premium for a non-TTL High-Mag.

Skip

At 2/20/00 10:35 PM  -0800, you wrote:
>Hmm. All these accolades for the M3. I had one 12 years ago and was less
>impressed than this. I found the viewfinder's frames awkward ... I really
>wanted a 35mm frame with some room around it ... and don't really notice
>so much different in the viewfinder. The M6's meter is worth more to me
>than the M3's additional mechanical smoothness, I guess, plus the M4-M6
>film loading system is a lot easier to work with.
>
>Godfrey

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com