Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar 15 comments/ film spacing
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 19:22:57 EST

In a message dated 2/19/00 3:02:38 PM, kabob@tiac.net writes:

<< Makes cutting the negatives abit of a challenge. I haven't run film through
an M6 or M2 with the Helair, anybody else notice this?

I've got an older M3 (855xxx) which Sherry K. informs me had a slightly wider
film gate than "modern" M3 and later cameras. I had already noticed that I
had really narrow spaces between frames with the 24mm but I got a 15mm on
Friday and ran some film through it. It was if there were NO frame spacing at
all. I mean like less than 1/32 of an inch (uh, that would be some really
small fraction of a millimeter for you guys and gals who measure with
measurements appropriate for the 21st century). Yes, it does seem like it
will make cutting negatives a challenge . . .

Bob (who needs frame spaces anyway) McEowen