Subject: Re: [Leica] Politically Correctnessism and LUG friends
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:00:17 -0800

Mark Rutledge wrote:  in part;
>How did this thread become about political correctness?>>>>>>>

Mark,

I don't have a clue, but it sure has changed from start to where it is!

May I suggest to one and all....including moi, that we drop this art, egg.
topic before it deteriorates further.  Please recall the "flame wars of AA
in Paris!" Do any of you want this "art-egg." to become such a divisive
topic?

Surely not.

As I suggested the other day, I believe this is a heavy duty topic that
requires instantaneous around the table discussion, simply because some
folks written message doesn't come through in the way they intended, if it
were a face to face conversation.

Is it not now a discussion that has evolved into a "word-opinions-feelings"
barrage? Quite frankly, a conversation that is ticking people off on both
sides of the opinion scale.

We should be talking about taking, (dare I say it) "Happy Snaps with our
Leicas" where it's usually fun and games, excited user tales of his or her
wonderful results that "we ALL can relate to."  How does that sound for a
change?

Heavy duty topics discussed electronically, rather than by spoken word have
in the past, developed into "battle grounds of words" with no true outcome.
Other than we've proven collectively, we are very diverse in our opinions,
which in turn sometimes sounds like we're a rat pack of animosity one unto
the other.

Instead of the fun loving photographers we are. :) Now everyone smile, kiss
and make up!:)  None of guys are my type, so bug off with the kisses
already! :):):)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant