Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:00:15 -0800

Wilber wrote:

>There was a rep there from Canon and we saw the EOS 3  with the motor
>and accessory power pack. So I got out me R8 and Motor- Guess what (this
>should be no suprise) The R8 is MUCH quieter than the E-- 3. I think that is a
>feather in our cap as they do have a very quiet reflex system.>>>>

Gee Wilber thanks for that.:) Just what I needed first thing in the morning
with my coffee.

So it's quieter? Well mine is soooooooo quiet I haven't heard it, nor seen
it and I'm beginning to think all you good guys with "mythical R8 motors"
are pulling the old guy's chain for a laugh.

I've completely given up ever seeing one other than on the Leica brochure
pages.

R8 motors are a fairytale from the black forest, invented by a mischievious
elf with a big smile! And you guys who claim to have them are in cahoots
with him just to get my  goat! :)

Good to hear it's as quiet as you say, be interesting to have one in hand.
As far as I can determine not one R8 motor has ventured to the shores of
Canada to  date.

I gotta keep the faith, Like build the camera and they will come. :)
Eventually before the next millenium!

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant