Subject: Re: [Leica] How is Art, anyway
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:30:07 -0800

some one wrote:

> [...]

Mike Johnston responded:
>Then let's avoid it and get the hell back to talking about photographs.
>Generalised discussions don't do a damn bit of good.>>>>

Hi Mike,

For a group as diversified as those represented on the LUG I have to
absolutely agree with you. The topic "what is art" isn't something that can
be intelligently discussed without being face to face, cold beer in hand
and a quiet room for vocal and quick response.

There are just too many opinions with a "time delay of machine" that
creates more confusion than good. If, as I say, we were sitting a round
chatting, it would be far more interesting than on the screen. Where one
finally becomes totally bored and completely deletes all of them rather
than sifting through the good, bad and ugly responses.

Some bad, ugly and good become truly stupid due to lack of "instant vocal
rebuttal" without electronic interruption.  It may still be of interest to
some,
( one or two?)  but I fear this egg, art thing has degenerated to nothing
more than quips and unintelligent groups of words, but now it's mega delete
time. Or move on folks!

I also realise, a few (one or two), who will completely disagree with me.
Their pleasure!

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant