Subject: RE: [Leica] Grunchy M4-P winding
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:10:24 -0000

I had a mysterious problem a while back too. (M6)
The wind on was perfect with no film in the camera, but once film was loaded
it would sometimes run to either 6, 12, or 18 frames and then stop! Not
every film, not one type of film, the wind-on felt the same but it hasn't
happened since a visit to a repair shop, though they said they couldn't find
anything wrong at all!
Maybe these cameras are more organic and less mechanic than we give them
credit for?!

Jem