Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica M wrist strap...
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:55:35 +0000

on 17/2/00 10:46 pm, Godfrey DiGiorgi at ramarren@bayarea.net wrote:

> It is, I bought one for the princely sum of about $30. Unfortunately, it
> doesn't quite do it for me. The neckstrap lugs are mounted a little too
> high on the body for me to keep my wrist in the strap comfortably and work
> the shutter release/wind lever properly. It would be better if there was a
> plate bolted to the camera baseplate that the strap attached to instead.
> The strap itself is also somewhat thick and inflexible. It's unfortunate
> because I like the idea of a security wrist strap a lot more than a neck
> strap. Something in a nylon weave with a thin leather covering would be
> better.

I have a strange thing marked 'Canon', a machined black cylinder of metal
which screws into the tripod hole, and has a wriststrap attached. It's
obviously meant to be a handgrip, and it's a nice idea, but unfortunately it
doesn't quite work.
- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com