Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 (not TTL) viewfinder framelines question
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:19:48 -0800

Les,

With the 50mm lens attached, two framelines show up in the viewfinder: the
outer set, which defines the 50mm's field of view, and the inner set, which
defines the 75mm's field of view. Send me your snail mail address by private
email, and I can photocopy the M6 manual and send it to you.

The area outside the 50mm framelines define the field of view of the 35mm
and wider lenses. The framelines come up when you click one of those lenses
onto the camera, or by flicking the lever to the left of the lens mount
(looking from the rear of the camera). Flicking the lever all the way to the
left brings up the 35mm and 135mm framelines, flicking all the way to the
right brings up the 28mm and 90mm framelines. The high-magnification (aka
0.85x) M6 omits the 28mm framelines.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.
chucko@siteconnect.com