Subject: RE: [Leica] Viewfinders
From: Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:36:09 -0600

All this recent talk about view vs. reality on film with wide lenses & their
finders got me to thinking. Here's what I'm going to do to see what the
difference is.

I have a 21 Elmarit. I'm going to mount the camera on a tripod with the back
door open. Open & lock the shutter. Then use a Nikon "B" screen to view the
image at the film plane while comparing the view through the 21 finder.
Since the view through the film gate is 100%, you should be able to
determine what your error is in viewing through the finder.

It'd be interesting to know what the difference is with these new 15mm
lenses.

Greg