Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive Sightings ??
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:57:46 -0500

#1-R8 with motor is bigger than without /  #2 nik-- F5 is bigger and heavier
than R-8 with Motor  and it's permanent #3 EOS 1N and 1Nv are Heavier Than both
of the above although not bigger than the F5 but bigger than the R8. #4 There
are definite advantages to the motor over the winder. Frame rate H / L /  S and
bracketing in all three speed sets. Two release points, and for my long fingers
I now have some thing to hold on to.
Glad your Happy With the R8 and Winder.

Cheers Wilber GFE
tel. 803-469-2440

http://www.jeffcoatphotography.com

JGong wrote:

> I was at my local dealer, Keeble and Schucat in Palo Alto, CA. on Monday.
> They had one on display. I even got to play with it. It's great, but it
> makes the R8 a super massive camera. In the end, I settled for a used
> winder that they had.  You can call them for availability:  (650) 327-8996.
>
> John
>
> At 04:50 PM 02/16/2000 +0000, dpfreedman@att.net wrote:
> >Well, I give up. I can't locate an R8 motor drive
> >anywhere. My usual dealer won't even take my order for
> >one!  In frustration, I called Leica USA yesterday: They
> >have no information (at least not for public
> >consumption).  I was told that somewhere between 50 and
> >100 of the drives were received and they, of course, are
> >loooong gone. No word from Germany on when any more will
> >be forthcoming. Hmmmm.  One dealer I spoke to said his
> >Leica rep told him there were problems sourcing certain
> >parts in Germany hence the delay but this remark is
> >unsubstantiated.
> >
> >Does anyone know what's up with the motor after its 3-
> >year gestation period?  Better yet, does anyone know of
> >a dealer that has one?
> >
> >Thanks all!
> >
> >Dave F.

- --