Subject: [Leica] Re: Eggleston
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:35:23 -0800

Jim

>>Putting film in the camera was his first mistake.<<

http://www.masters-of-photography.com/E/eggleston/eggleston_greenville.html

 When I first looked at this photograph yesterday it didn't do much for me.
Then I started reading comments on the lug and I kept going back to it. Now
I can't get it out of my head.

It's possible Eggleston was just driving down the road when he decided to
test the shutter on his camera. Or perhaps there's a deeper meaning that
escapes me. In any event, it's a nice photograph. I'd love to be out
driving on a country road on a sunny day right now. That photo took me on a
(very brief) little journey.

OTOH, I agree with Tina. If it was my photograph it would have ended up in
the round file. The lesson may be that I'm too critical of my own work.

David