Subject: [Leica] front and rear elements
From: RGKEG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:23:38 EST

My  .02.

When I was shooting motion picture film those gel holders for behind the lens
filtration were avoided at all costs because any marks at the back were way
worse than marks at the front.

I was also taught in no uncertain terms that front scratches can be lived
with, but lenses with rear element scratches should be avoided.  Slight
cleaning marks might be another thing, though.

Sorry, never tested it :)

                                        Ron Kutak