Subject: Re: [Leica] Eggleston
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:59:55 -0500

Tina: I guess you could stretch this to the thought, "The Road Leads Nowhere" or
"To the Left" (is that where the round file is). Maybe we all need to become
"Masters" so people will want out throw away. I see this type of thing all of the
time and think, but I throw stuff like this is the trash. What is wrong with me,
maybe I don't know something I should?! Well some folks just have a way with
things, right?!
Cheers Wilber GFE
tel. 803-469-2440

http://www.jeffcoatphotography.com

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 09:34 AM 2/15/00 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >Tina, I am shocked. You do realise that this is William Eggleston we are
> >talking about, don't you? I have just pulled the catalogue of Ancient and
> >Modern, his exhibit at the Barbican some years ago, and your comments are, I
> >hope, about someone else. These are quite simply wonderful pictures. On the
> >wall they were nothing short of staggering; even in the book they are pure
> >dead brilliant.
>
> Hi, Rod:
>
> I was not referring to Eggleston in particular, but to all of those
> photographs that I see in galleries and ask "Why?"
> But since you mention Eggleston, go to this site:
> http://www.masters-of-photography.com/E/eggleston/eggleston_greenville.html
> And explain to me why he even bothered to print this.  I guess it is almost
> scary to me that if I were editing my photos and came across one like this,
> I would file it in the round file!
>
> Leically,
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley, ASMP