Subject: Re: [Leica] Eggleston
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:37:45 -0500

At 09:34 AM 2/15/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Tina, I am shocked. You do realise that this is William Eggleston we are
>talking about, don't you? I have just pulled the catalogue of Ancient and
>Modern, his exhibit at the Barbican some years ago, and your comments are, I
>hope, about someone else. These are quite simply wonderful pictures. On the
>wall they were nothing short of staggering; even in the book they are pure
>dead brilliant.

Hi, Rod:

I was not referring to Eggleston in particular, but to all of those
photographs that I see in galleries and ask "Why?"
But since you mention Eggleston, go to this site:
http://www.masters-of-photography.com/E/eggleston/eggleston_greenville.html
And explain to me why he even bothered to print this.  I guess it is almost
scary to me that if I were editing my photos and came across one like this,
I would file it in the round file!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP