Subject: Re: [Leica] 180 RTS Sonnar Vs 1st Generation Elmarit
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:14:25 EST

In a message dated 2/15/00 5:39:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

<< As an aside how well does an old 180 Jena Sonnar from the 40s compare?
 Javier, I had one for many years. I converted it to a Leicaflex mount and
used it until I got and compared it to the old Elmarit 180, 2.8. It performed
very well in comparison, however the Elmarit was a little better in color
rendition in shadow areas. The resolution of the Sonnar was just a good as
the Elmarit. The build quality of the Elmarit is quite a bit better than that
of the Sonnar lens. The old Sonnars are getting hard to find, though and the
price for an Elmarit 180 is very reasonable now days.
Bob Figlio