Subject: [Leica] Prefocusing
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:37:07 +0000

>>>I must admit that when you stated you focused by feel, I thought that
you must
be Superman or didn't know what the hay you were talking about.  Of
course if
you can focus by feel with a depth of field of less then 6 inches, I
will
acknowledge that you are Superman.

But of course I am just one of your rank amateurs, having only used the
system for 33 years and all of a sudden find from the LUG that I don't
know
how to use my eyes nor move around... thus according to you, I have no
business making this post nor questioning the other "gurus" on the
LUG.<<<

Well, how about that--I've actually entirely missed one of my own posts.
Extraordinary. Evidently I must have written a post claiming to be
Superman, instructing others to focus by feel, judging Bill,
contradicting Bill's experiences, and talking about how to focus a lens
I've never even shot a picture with. How about that? Given that I'm
evidently one of the few people around here who actually bother to READ
what other people write before responding, you'd think I could at least
pay attention to things I myself wrote. Oh, and look, I said that Bill
had no business making his post or questioning the other gurus on the
LUG.

I said that?

Really?

I'll have to go search the archives. I have no memory of saying any of
that.

- --Mike