Subject: Re: [Leica] Prefocusing
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 23:05:31 -0800

Paul Chefurka writes to Mike:

|Paul Chefurka: >>>
|I investigated that approach once.  Do you have any idea how much Leica
|wants for the new Braille finder?  It's even more than a lens cap!

While Mike replies:

|I don't know why you're making light of this. I'm quite serious, and I
|was quite good at it.

Err, perhaps it was the because of the context in which you pronounced that
you focused by feel.  As I recall, perhaps incorrectly, the thread was
rangefinder flare.  Most of the people, or at least myself, don't have a big
problem unless we are trying to focus something like a 75/1.4 wide open.  I
must admit that when you stated you focused by feel, I thought that you must
be Superman or didn't know what the hay you were talking about.  Of course if
you can focus by feel with a depth of field of less then 6 inches, I will
acknowledge that you are Superman.

But of course I am just one of your rank amateurs, having only used the M
system for 33 years and all of a sudden find from the LUG that I don't know
how to use my eyes nor move around... thus according to you, I have no
business making this post nor questioning the other "gurus" on the LUG.

Asi es la vida, Bill