Subject: [Leica] Re: Weddings
From: pwink@impop.bellatlantic.net
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 22:50:08 -0500

Hi All,
My last wedding I had no preview of the locations, equipment:
R4 and M3; lenses, Tamron 17 & 90mm, 50 for the R and 35,50,90/2.8 for
M and Pentax 280 flash (yes! small and powerful, I black tape the R4
contacts); Fuji iso400, opps almost forgot my Yashica T4 for my
personal files.

The church was a triangle shaped with large west facing stain-glass
windows. The manager of church told me not to use flash during service
cuz the preacher don't like it. Interesting, the church had video
cameras
at front of balcony, yet would not allow taping(??) The manager allowed
all the lights on which gave me a stop more but at a nervous 60th @F2. I
used flash up to the point of the preacher entering the podium, then I
went over to the front benches, sat with the bride's
family and used the M3 to get the non flash shots (i did sneak a flash
shot after some1 used a point&shoot)

After the event, the manager rushed to me and said 'of all the photogs
that come here, I'm the first who never complained and was totally
respectful of their church's rules'! she gave me a hug and invited me
to come to service!! (darn that I didn't have a card to give her)

All the shots came out great! I must admit, during the whole shoot, I
was a bundle of nerves, and I cry at weddings so the M is the best
camera to focus with tears in your eyes!! I've shot dozens of weddings
and each one I feel the same! I'm glad I don't do it professionally!
<paul>
I love my LeIcA!