Subject: [Leica] Alastair's Friend
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:01:38 +1100

XXXXXXXXXXX
I am curious as to how your friend scratched his lens. Could you elaborate?
XXXXXXXXXXXX
John,

Now you are putting me under all sorts of pressure ;-)

As I recall, he put the unprotected lens into his camera bag, and caught it
on a "sharp" edge. He is quite happy to admit that the "incident" was
nothing but his own fault. Its funny how you can do something stupid at the
worst times, and how "funny" fate can be. My last two cars have small
cracks in the windscreens made by rocks thrown up from the roadway --- on
BOTH cars, it happened on their maiden voyages, and has (touch wood) not
recurred. Is "he" showing me that my preciousness should be expelled from
day one? Strange. I'm grateful the rocks hit windscreens not "leica"
elements ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin