Subject: [Leica] "Add-a-Cam"? How much?/ and beginner 'R' body recomendation?
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:33:12 -0400

Hi Group-

Been using 'R' glass on my Canon EOS A2- with an adapter from Joseph Yao;
with this arrangement I can use 1 or 2 cam lenses. My question, as I can
see somewhere down the road an 'R' body- Can you get a third cam added to a
2 cam lens? Anyone have an *approximate* cost? I want to see if this will
be feasible in the future- can buy and use a 2 cam lens now- eventually
convert it- or will the conversion cost be prohibitive, in which case I may
save my hard earned $$ for 3 cam lens....

AND-

Any votes for a first 'R' body? I know of a 'user' R5 for around $500- but.....
What about R3's- somefolks seem to love 'em- do you need the R3 MOT to hook
up the winder?
Another question- does the Winder R have a release for vertical holding?
(Rob Schneider, are you out there?)

Thanks,

Bob (yeah, I know I don't NEED it- but it's hard to focus the glass on the
EOS screen!) Keene