Subject: Re: [Leica] help with M 135mm lenses
From: Jay Kumarasamy <jayk@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 15:31:45 -0800 (PST)

Marc,

Iam on the look out for M 135mm.  I have held and 'inspected' the Elmar 135/4.
A real smooth operator and built solid.  But I hear the Tele-Elmars are better.
They also almost cost twice as much as the Elmars.  They look shorter and
perhaps lighter.

Which is a better lens ??.  If the cost difference is about $150, I would
go with the Tele-Elmar.  Tele-Elmars are 5 element, as opposed to 4 element
Elmar.  May be that improves performance.  But I like the feel of Elmar, and
for appearence I prefer satin chrome than black finish.

- - Jay