Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 Viewfinder rangefinder patch flare CONTROL ??
From: Stephen Holloway <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:15:24 +0100

Stephen Gandy wrote:

> OK,  let me ask you this
>
> Do you use  tape or rubber bands to get your Nikon or Canon to work correctly?
> Would you not complain to Canon or Nikon if you did ??
>
> Leica owners almost always make a big deal of Leica being the "best," yet when
> Leica does not deliver the goods, instead of complaining LOUDLY to Leica about it
> to improve their very highly priced product, most owners simply accept Leica's
> mis-step and find a way to work around it.
>
> I believe Leica will continue to deliver flare prone M6  finders until they are so
> overwhelmed with complaints they finally realize they have to do something about
> it.   "Making do" will only perpetuate the problem, not improve the M6.

The only complaint which would make Leica take notice is to not buy the
M6. Now, I can wait for this to take effect or I can buy one now and
accept a minor irritation weighed against the delicious handling and
sublime results it produces. When it flares too much (which isn't bad
enough to totally wipe out the image very often) I just stick my thumb
across the window.

It would only be effective competition (assuming people want high
quality M rangefinders) which would make Leica fix it. Until then we
have to suck it up.

- --
Stephen Holloway
http://www.deepturtle.com/steve/photos