Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R8 Brick
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:10:10 +0100

dominique pellissier wrote:

> In my opinion there is a solution for Leica : abandon the R system

Dominique,

If really there is no market anymore for a top-of-the-range
non-AF reflex with some of the best lenses in the world, I agree.

(Note for the Canon's worshipper: I didn't wrote THE best
lenses in the world).

But if it's because of other reasons, (bad marketing, long
delays etc...) then I think there is still something else to do.

Anyway, if they stop it, I hope they will let us know before.
Because then I intend to buy 2 more R8's to preserve the
future of my lenses.
They certainly deserve it and the manner those objectives
are build, my great-grandchildren will still use them.
;-)
And also because I like the R8 very much. It's really a
great camera with really few missing details.

The top-of-the-range AF reflex with the f/2,8 zooms that I
use when it's necessary has some also.

Lucien