Subject: [Leica] Re: 28mm PC Super-Angulon abnd Rfdr Nikon rumors
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:57:08 -0800

Hey all,

Anyone have any good comments (prefer positive, but negative will do as
well)  on shift lenses?

I ask because I'm searching for that one lens that will take away my
desires for all others. That lens I can have and hold, in sickness and in
health, till death do us part.

I once owned a Nikkor 35 PC. I sold it when I switched to Contax. Only
later did I hear the rumor that the Nikkor PC lens will function on a
Contax mount (no meter coupling to worry about.) I heard about this after I
parted ways with the Nikkor, so I never had a chance to prove the rumor
true or false. Plus it's moot now since I was always destined to end up
shooting Leica R anyway.

Long story short, I miss the shift capability. Hey, I'm a mechanical (no AF
for me) type, and PC is just one more fun thing to monkey around with. Plus
it's pretty darn practical. It sure beats the easel tilting, head craning
act I'm sometimes forced to perform in the darkroom.

I guess I'm hoping that someone can talk me into to buying a 28 PC SA. Does
anyone use one as their "standard" lens?

David

BTW, I tried the easel tilt on my Focomat Ic but since the easel is
attached to the base I had to tilt the entire enlarger. For some reason,
that didn't work.