Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M3 strap eye lugs
From: williad@webasto.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:15:00 -0500

Howard Davis <HDavis@slcearch.com> on 02/10/2000 12:26:00 PM

Please respond to leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

To:   leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
cc:    (bcc: Doug Williams/RHILLS/Webasto)

Subject:  [Leica] Leica M3 strap eye lugs

My Leica M3 strap lugs appear to be chewed up by just normal swinging on the
strap rings. The eyes seem to be rather thin at the sides. Have these been
known to break? Are the eyes replaceable, possibly by just screwing them off
and screwing new ones on myself, or are they integral with the camera body?
Howard

The strap lugs can be replaced, but not by the user.  Call Sherry or another
repair person and they can tell you more.  I know the M3 had two or three (or
more) different style strap lugs at different times, depending on the serial
number.

Douglas