Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted Grant Announcement
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:27:57 -0800

>2000-02-09-17:28:57 Mike Johnston:
>> Speaking of Leica news, I am pleased to say that Ted Grant has written a
>> very nice article that will appear in _PHOTO Techniques_ magazine in the
>> Fall.>>>>>

Thanks Mike for the announcement, but I can't take all the credit for the
written story. Yep, it's my story written by me, but it wouldn't have been
anywhere near what it is, if it weren't for my super assistant Sandy
Carter.

Some of you have met her, others know of her, quite frankly folks without
her assisting hand at times, the old guy here would be a basket case.

Assistants are a dime dozen, but this one is a unique gem, a talented
photographer who shoots a mean Leica M6, 35 Asph 1.4, a computer whiz,
secretary, organizer and business discussion manager. And the most
important part? She and my wife are friends! That means "I got two women on
my case" everytime I want to do something rediculous! :) Like buy a new
Leica lens, parachute from a perfectly good plane, you know the fun things
in life.:)

A Doctor Osler quotation that I relate to as often as an opportunity
presents itself, it goes something like this:  "one should never take the
credit deserving of their assistant."  So when you folks read the story I'd
like you to appreciate it's not one man written.
Thanks,
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant