Subject: [Leica] RE: [peter z] Violation
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 20:35:33 -0800

>Thomas,
>
>I've been on this user group for 4 days now
>and had to go through ~100 emails a day.

>I came here to improve my knowledge about  Leicas and photography, and to
>share my own experiences (where relevant) - not to read shit like this.
>
>So far the LUG is a waste of time...
>
>Peter Z.

peter z.,

what have you contributed during the last four days? the lug tends to work
on a give-and-take basis, and you're free to give and take as much as you
like. if you find the info/gab/bickering useless, you're free to sign off.
if you've got specific questions, you can either post them, or better yet
consult the archives. that way you can just take what you want and leave
the rest. whatever you do, please don't whine. there's enough of that going
on already.

by the way, among the leica/photography related topics of the past few days
that you failed to mention were:

- - an on-going discussion about the viability of the r8
- - an on-going discussion about electronic rf cameras
- - a user report of the new konica hexar + leica lenses
- - a user report of the new bessa r (perhaps the very first)
- - various threads related to b & w films and their processing
- - announcements of new sites with photos by leica photographers

there might have been another topic of interest, had you offered up
something, rather than just complain.

guy