Subject: Re: [Leica] Latest RF Rumors
From: Gaifana@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 20:32:58 EST

(Nostalgia at 26)

Big fun. But will the Nikon take the nifty old S lenses? Will the Canon have
that weird foil shutter and wonderful chrome? Or will it be polycarbonate?
How will the CLE look in even more plastic? Will it key the right framelines
with a 50? I shudder to think. But it will be fun. Think of all the flame
wars  that will start as first the Leica M vs Leica M clone fight starts -
and then the screwmount clones vs the M clones, and then the M users against
all comers!

I thought the whole point was optics, and I think I would rather have
something that takes Leitz glass, or at least can be adapted to take the
worthwhile SM lenses Leica does not make. Sure, Nikon lenses are good now,
but the majority of their designs seems to ignore out-of-focus areas. They
don't look like Sonnars like they did in the S era. It's great for landscape,
but with a few exceptions, Nikkors are hard and cold and precise lenses. I
love them for everything - but faces.