Subject: Re: [Leica] was: violation. now..Welcome Thomas!
From: Thomas Herbert <iphoto@elp.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 17:02:34 -0700

Well everyone,

thanks for the rather unorthodox welcome, I guess I'd be willing to sift
through a little chaff to get to the goodies. After all our diversity is
what makes us unique. I'd like to introduce myself a little better:

I've been a photojournalist for 9 years, I live in El Paso, TX, been
published in  US and foreign  news magazines, and many newspapers, but I've
been lacking something and I feel that is the intimate portraiture I strive
for....thus I have sold most of my Nikon equipment and have just purchased
an M6 TTL, a 35mm f2 summicron and a 90mmf2 summicron. I am hoping too be
more low key and thoughtful in my approach to journalism, slowing down and
really get into a story. I feel Leica cameras will help me in my low key
approach (yes I used to be of those guys running around in the photo vest
with two or three bodies and a slew of lenses) and in slowing down to use a
manual rangefinding camera I will pay more attention to my subjects and
bring back better work.

So I welcome any suggestions, equipment or otherwise and invite any of you
who are interested to see some of my work at a temporary web site.

http://www.portfolios.com/photog/14238.herbert/index.html

Thanks again
- --
Thomas Herbert, Photojournalist