Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: APX25 & Xtol
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 100 21:50:05 -0800 (PST)

> I shoot APX25 at both EI 25 and EI 50, processing it in accordance
> with the Kodak XTOL data sheet, downloadable from
> <http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j109/j10
> 9.shtml>. I use 1:1 dilution and usually process at room temperature
> (74F) according to the charts.

Thanks for all the comments regarding Xtol. Kodak's website seems to be
the foundation for the Massive Chart's Xtol times, as they are the same
for some film / dev combinations I checked.

The Massive Dev Chart at

	http://www.migol.dircon.co.uk/photo/devframe.html

is otherwise a splendid resource. It covers a matrix of dozens of films
and developers at different temperatures, dilutions and exposure indices.

In the case of APX25 Kodak recommends 6min at 68F for Xtol 1:1. I'm
almost sure that will give me very thin negs, possibly unprintable,
hence my original question.

Thanks,

Byron.