Subject: [Leica] Re: APX25 & Xtol
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:07:38 -0800

>Hi, does anyone here have experience with APX25 in Xtol? I've run
>some APX100 and found I had to increase the time dramatically as
>compared with the "Massive Dev Chart" recommendations, and I was
>hoping to get some real-world experience from other LUGgers.

I shoot APX25 at both EI 25 and EI 50, processing it in accordance
with the Kodak XTOL data sheet, downloadable from
<http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j109/j10
9.shtml>. I use 1:1 dilution and usually process at room temperature
(74F) according to the charts. For 35mm, I use normal agitation; for
Minox submini format, I run minimal agitation and add 10% to the
processing time. The results are a sharp, broad tonal scale, low
grain negative with excellent gradation and density. I don't know
what the "Massive Dev Chart" recommendations are, but this works for
me.

Godfrey